Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Hibernation

I took a short walk outside today. It was the first time I'd stepped out of my building in seven days. I normally have a couple free days during the week, plus my assorted clinical responsibilities were suspended for the federal holiday, so I had a lot of days with nowhere to be. The beginning of the week, I was working on my Master's thesis, and I'm generally a homebody anyway, so I didn't feel the need to get out. I started coming down with a bad cold on Wednesday night and was sick the end of the week, so I didn't go out (I had externship on Friday, but called in sick).

By Shabbos morning, I was getting cabin fever and really needed to get out of my apartment, but I was still feeling sick and miserable. I'm feeling a lot better today, but less cooped up and still tired. However, I thought its probably not a good idea to be so homebound for so long, so I went for a short walk before dusk. It felt good to break the cycle, especially because this coming week bodes the same schedule for me- nowhere to be until Friday. I just have to make sure to get out again before then.

No comments:

Post a Comment