Thursday, August 28, 2008

Measure twice, cut once

So after consulting with my supervisor about a patient, he recommended administering the Criminogenic Thinking Profile, and he emailed me the test. Naturally, after printing the test, I took it myself and put my results in my Gmail status (40th percentile overall, if you care or if it means anything to you).

Because Gmail does not allow you to annotate emails, I often reply to myself and include relevant comments. Because the email from my supervisor only said CTP, and not the full name of the test, I posted my Gmail status message with the test's full name into a new reply to send to myself, so it would be included in the conversation and I could search for it in the future. Of course, as you'd so intuitively gathered by now, I sent my results to my supervisor. Lucky for me he's got a sense of humor and a natural curiosity. His response- "Not too bad. Any high [subscale] scores?"

2 comments:

  1. Glad to know I'm not the only weirdo out there who gets into trouble like that :) You would think I would learn my lesson. but no....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, I did it again! And to the same person- he must think I'm an imbecile.

    ReplyDelete